- Membership & Community
Publications & News
- News & Other Media
Meetings & Events
- Experimental Biology
- APS Institute on Teaching and Learning
- Related Meetings
- Conference Policies
- Conference Proceedings
- Submit a Conference Proposal
Past APS Conferences
- APS/ASN Control of Renal Function in Health and Disease Conference
- Interface of Mathematical Models and Experimental Biology: Role of the Microvasculature Conference
- Aldosterone and ENaC in Health and Disease: The Kidney and Beyond Conference
- Career & Professional Development
- Meetings & Events
Advocacy & Resources
- Policy & Advocacy
- Teaching & Learning Resources
- Diversity & Inclusion Resources
- About APS
Mentoring is fundamental to a successful career in research. APS supports the mentoring efforts of our members and facilitates the building of strong mentor-mentee relationships through a number of programs and initiatives, several of which are organized and executed by the APS Women in Physiology Committee.
APS recognizes the importance of mentoring the next generation of scientists and is pleased to honor excellence in mentoring. Nominate your mentor for one of our prestigious mentoring awards.
- A. Clifford Barger Underrepresented Minority Mentorship Award
- Bodil M. Schmidt-Nielsen Distinguished Mentor and Scientist Award
The Mentoring Forum blog is posted online every other month. Blog topics cover all aspects of mentoring relevant to today’s trainees at all stages of their careers. View a collection of APS Mentoring Forum blogs on popular topics including job planning post-PhD, alternative careers in life science and recruiting new students to your lab.
The annual APS Mentoring Symposium is organized by members of the Women in Physiology Committee and takes place at the APS annual meeting. View past topics, presentations and learn more from our most recent symposia.