The Translational Research Award (TRA) recognizes trainees at both the pre-doctoral and postdoctoral educational levels whose area of experimental research is translatable to industry applications:
- treatment development or improvement,
- mechanism of action,
- health and wellness.
These awards are presented at the APS annual meeting at Experimental Biology (EB).
- Applicants must be a U.S. graduate student or equivalent holding a bachelor’s degree and enrolled in subsequent training OR
- Completion of program leading to doctorate degree.
- Applicant’s sponsor must be an APS member in good standing at the time of application.
- Membership is not required for applicants.
Application materials include:
- A completed profile;
- A copy of their first author abstract submitted to the EB meeting; and
- One-page essay on project, contribution and career goals.
Completed applications will be reviewed by members of the Physiologist in Industry Committee (PIC).
Applications will be evaluated on:
- their first-author EB meeting abstract; and
- supplementary description of the translation nature of their project and its potential utility for future research, their contribution to the work and their career goals (1 page maximum).
Awardees are allowed to receive the Translation Research Award only once as a pre-doctoral student and once as a postdoctoral fellow.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.
Award at a Glance
Award amount: Advanced EB registration reimbursement to the APS annual meeting at Experimental Biology (EB) and $500 (pre-doctoral) or $800 (postdoctoral Award)
Application deadline: November 14
Questions? Contact: Education and Member Communities Department
Who can apply: Students who are enrolled in a full-time U.S. graduate program leading to a doctorate degree or completed doctoral program. Applicant does not have to be an APS member; sponsor must be APS member.