Award at a Glance
Award amount: $500 + reimbursement of advance registration to Experimental Biology
Application deadline: December 31
Questions? Contact: Sections Administrator
Who can apply: APS members in good standing with a primary affiliation with the Cell Section
The Cell and Molecular Physiology Section will award up to six Robert Gunn Student Awards to medical, graduate (doctoral or masters) or undergraduate students. Abstracts must be submitted by the EB abstract submission deadline. All additional application materials must be completed online by the award deadline.
Only one application per candidate will be accepted for any specific year. Award cannot be received in consecutive years, however, previous undergraduate awardees are eligible for the graduate award.
- Applicant or their direct mentor must be an APS member in good standing and have primary affiliation with the Cell Section.
- Applicant must be first author on an abstract submitted under a Cell Section Topic Category.
- Applicant must attend Experimental Biology and participate in a special poster session.
- Upload full application to the APS Awards website.
Members of the Cell Section Steering Committee will evaluate all submitted abstracts and supporting documents and select semi-finalists to make a special poster presentation at the EB meeting. All semi-finalists will be contacted via email and acknowledged in a pre-EB newsletter to the Section membership. Poster judging typically occurs at the beginning of the EB meeting and awardees will be recognized at the Cell Section dinner at the EB meeting.
Application materials include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letter
- Abstract submission number
- Abstract First Author’s full name
- Abstract Submission pdf
- Abstract sponsor or advisor’s full name
- Abstract sponsor email and phone number
- Abstract Sponsor’s membership ID number
Please note: The recommendation letter should be brief (half a page) from his/her mentor describing why the trainee is deserving of the award.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.