Award at a Glance
Award amount: Monetary honorarium + reimbursement of registration fee + complimentary admission to GI & Liver banquet
Application deadline: December 15
Questions? Contact: Arianne Theiss, Awards Chair, GIL Section
Who can apply: Must be a first author on an abstract submitted to a GIL Topic Category [to be determined] at the Experimental Biology 2020 meeting and either the applicant or a sponsor must be a member of APS.
All applicants for the Gastrointestinal & Liver Physiology Section Trainee and Junior Faculty Research Recognition Award will be automatically submitted for The Gastrointestinal & Liver Physiology Section Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Poster Awards. These awards are designed to recognize a predoctoral (undergraduate or graduate) trainee and a postdoctoral trainee who are engaged in gastrointestinal and liver research. The awards are given based on a poster competition at the Gastrointestinal and Liver Section Trainee Poster Symposium. This presentation is required in addition to the regular EB poster presentation to be considered for this award. The final decision of awards will be based on the quality of research and the oral presentation of the poster by the applicant to the judges at the Trainee Symposium (including the ability to answer questions regarding the presented research). Applicants who have already won a Research Recognition or Travel Award in the EB2020 competition will not be eligible for the Poster Award in the same year. Awardees will be recognized at the EB2020 Gastrointestinal & Liver Physiology Section Banquet and Business Meeting. Poster Awards are sponsored by Data Sciences International (DSI).
- Must be a first author on an abstract submitted to a GIL Topic Category [to be determined] at the Experimental Biology 2020 meeting
- the applicant or a sponsor must be a member of APS
- All applicants must upload a copy of their abstract for consideration, making sure to clearly indicate if they are a pre- or post-doctoral trainee.
Application materials include:
- Abstract Number
- Abstract First Author’s Full Name
- PDF of Abstract Submission
- Abstract Sponsor or Advisor’s Full Name
- Abstract Sponsor or Advisor’s email Address
- Abstract Sponsor or Advisor’s Telephone Number
- Abstract Sponsor’s APS Membership Number
Applications are only accepted via online submission.