Award at a Glance
Award amount: $1,000 + reimbursement of advanced registration to EB + complimentary admission to the Section dinner
Application deadline: November 14
Questions? Contact: Sections Administrator
Who can apply: Independent investigators for no more than 8 years at the time of application.
The Respiration Section New Investigator Award recognizes an outstanding investigator in the early stages of their career. Candidates should be investigators who have made meritorious contributions to the area represented by the Respiration Section. Candidates will be judged on their publications, how the publications relate to the Respiration Section, evidence for independence and promise (grant funding, peer review activities, etc.) and level of participation in Experimental Biology and APS-related activities.
This award is made possible by our Strategic Partner, ADInstruments.
- Independent investigators for no more than 8 years at the time of application
- Must not be above the rank of Assistant Professor or a comparable position in a research track at an academic institution or in industry (e.g. Scientist, Research Investigator, etc.)
- Nominations from 2 APS Regular Members
- Must attend the Experimental Biology meeting and make an oral or poster presentation.
- APS member in good standing with a primary affiliation in the Respiration Section
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two nomination letters from APS members.
- Three publication reprints.
Other Requested (not required) Materials:
- Abstract Number
- Abstract First Author’s Full Name
- pdf of Abstract Submission
Please note: that materials in excess (eg., inclusion of extra letters beyond 2 required letters or inclusion or curriculum vitae) will be excluded from evaluation.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.