The Renal Section New Investigator Award recognizes an outstanding investigator in the early stages of his or her career. Candidates should be investigators who have made meritorious contributions to the areas of research represented by the Renal Section. Candidates will be judged on their publications, how the publications relate to the Renal Section and evidence for independence and promise (grant funding, peer review activities, etc.). The awardee must attend the American Physiological Society’s annual meeting at Experimental Biology (EB), where he or she will be recognized at the Renal Section Banquet and is expected to make an oral or poster presentation at the meeting. The awardee will be invited and strongly encouraged to write a review to be published in the American Journal of Physiology—Renal Physiology.
- Previous winners of this award are not eligible to apply.
- Be an APS member in good standing with primary affiliation with the Renal Section.
- Receive nominations from at least two regular members of the APS.
- Be equivalent to or below the rank of assistant professor or a comparable position in a research track at an academic institution or in industry.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Submit and upload a copy of an EB abstract under a Renal Section category.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Two nomination letters from APS members.
- Three publication reprints.
Please note: that materials in excess (eg., inclusion of extra letters beyond 2 required letters or inclusion or curriculum vitae) will be excluded from evaluation.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.