Award at a Glance
Award amount: $800
Application deadline: November 27
Questions? Contact: Ryan Downey, PhD, Teaching Section Trainee Representative
Who Can Apply: APS members in good standing. Graduate students enrolled full-time or a postdoctoral fellow having received their doctoral degree within the previous five years.
This award provides funds for a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow to attend and participate in the APS Institute on Teaching and Learning (ITL) to be held June 22–26, 2020 at the University of Minnesota McNamara Alumni Center. The award is given in memory of William Galey in honor of his commitment to the teaching and professional development of trainees in physiology.
Deadline for submission is November 27, 2019. Awardees will be notified by mid-December. Awardees will be allowed to only receive the Galey PST Scholarship Award once as a graduate student and once as a postdoctoral fellow.
- APS Student or Regular Member in good standing.
- Be a graduate student enrolled full-time or a postdoctoral fellow having received their doctoral degree within the previous five years.
- One-page letter of intent including:
- Your career goals
- How this award will benefit your training
- Curriculum Vitae
- One letter of support from your mentor or PI. The letter writer should be familiar with your career goals and include a statement on how attending a PST will benefit your training plan. The letter should also include a statement confirming support for meeting costs beyond those covered by the scholarship.
Login to the American Physiological Society's Award site for more details and to apply.