Award at a Glance
Award amount: $1,000 + reimbursement of the advanced EB registration fee
Application deadline: December 13
Questions? Contact: Karen Sweazea, PhD, CEPS Award Chair
Who Can Apply: Must be an APS member in good standing and should not be above the rank of Assistant Professor or a comparable position in a research track at an academic institution or in industry.
The Comparative and Evolutionary Physiology Section New Investigator Award recognizes an outstanding investigator in the early stages of his/her career. Candidates should be investigators who have made meritorious contributions to the scientific areas represented by the Comparative and Evolutionary Physiology Section. Awardees are recognized at the Comparative and Evolutionary Physiology Section Business Dinner at the 2020 EB Meeting.
- Candidate must be an APS member in good standing and should not be above the rank of Assistant Professor or a comparable position in a research track at an academic institution or in industry (e.g. Scientist, Sr. Scientist, Research Investigator, etc.).
- Awardees are required to attend the EB meeting in order to receive the cash award.
Applicants will be asked to submit the following items:
- Curriculum Vitae (must include evidence for independence and promise (grant funding, peer review activities, etc.)
- Nomination Letter 1 from and APS member (must include APS membership ID number)
- Nomination Letter 2
- Publication Reprint 1
- Publication Reprint 2
- Publication Reprint 3
Requested (not required) Materials:
- Abstract Numbers
- Abstract First Author’s Full Names
- pdf of Abstract Submissions
- Author's APS membership ID number
Login to the American Physiological Society's Award site for more details and to apply.