Award at a Glance
Award amount: $1,000 + reimbursement of advanced registration to Experimental Biology
Application deadline: December 31
Questions? Contact: Sections Administrator
Who can apply: Must be an APS member.
The Cell and Molecular Physiology Section will award one New Investigator Award recognizing an outstanding investigator in the early stages of his/her career. Candidates should be investigators who have made meritorious contributions to the area represented by the Cell Section.
Awardee will be recognized at the Cell Section Dinner at the EB Meeting. As per APS rules, the candidate must attend the Experimental Biology meeting in order to be eligible for the award. Only one application per candidate will be accepted for any specific year and this award can only be obtained once.
- Applicant must not be above the rank of assistant professor or a comparable position in a research track at an academic institution or in industry.
- Applicant must be an APS member in good standing.
- Applicant must receive nominations from at least two regular members of the APS.
- Applicant must have a primary affiliation with the Cell and Molecular Physiology Section.
- Applicant must have submitted an abstract under a Cell Section Topic Category.
- Applicant must attend Experimental Biology and make an oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts must be submitted by the EB abstract submission deadline. All additional application materials must be completed online by the award deadline.
Candidates will be judged on their publications, how the publications relate to the Cell Section and evidence for independence and promise (grant funding, peer review activities, etc.). Unlike the other Cell Section awards, they need not be first author of the submission, but are anticipated to be senior author.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Nomination Letter 1.
- Nomination Letter 2.
- Publication Reprint 1.
- Publication Reprint 2.
- Publication Reprint 3.
- Abstract submission number.
- Abstract first author's full name.
- PDF of abstract submission.
Please note: that materials in excess (e.g., inclusion of extra letters beyond 2 required letters or inclusion or curriculum vitae) will be excluded from evaluation.
Applications are only accepted via online submission.