Award at a Glance
Award amount: $300 + one year APS membership dues paid + an invitation to submit a Featured Topic for the following EB meeting + complimentary admission to the Section Dinner
Deadline: November 21
Questions? Contact: Carrie A. Northcott, PhD, Chair of the Awards Committee
Who Can Apply: Must be postdoctoral fellow.
The Juan Carlos Romero and Water & Electrolyte Homeostasis Section Postdoctoral Research Recognition Award: To be eligible, the investigator must be a postdoctoral fellow. Applicants must be first author on an abstract submitted to an APS WEH Section sponsored topic category at the Experimental Biology meeting.
The Section Awards Committee will judge the abstracts and name 3 finalists who agree to attend the EB meeting and make an oral presentation at the WEH Section Trainee Award Finalists Session. Finalists will be judged on their oral presentation and receive $300 and a complimentary ticket to the WEH Section Luncheon and Business Meeting. The finalist with the top combined score from the abstract and oral presentation will receive the Postdoctoral Research Recognition Award, an additional $300, one year APS membership dues paid and be invited to submit a Featured Topic for the following EB meeting under the direction of a steering committee member or the recipient of the WEH New Investigator Award. The winner will be announced and the finalists will be recognized with their cash prize at the WEH Section Luncheon and Business Meeting. All applications that are not selected for finalists will be considered for the WEH Section / AJP—Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology Trainee Award, and the WEH Research Distinction Award.
- Must be a postdoctoral fellow.
- Curriculum Vitae with a complete list of publications and abstracts
- Abstract Number (submitted to an APS WEH Section topic category)
- Abstract First Author’s Full Name
- pdf of Abstract Submission
- Abstract Sponsor or Advisor’s Full Name
- Abstract Sponsor or Advisor’s email Address
- Abstract Sponsor or Advisor’s Telephone Number
Juan Carlos Romero and WEH Section Postdoctoral Research Recognition Finalist includes:
- $600 ($300 for being a finalist + $300 for winning) the finalist compensation
- One year APS Membership dues paid
- Invitation to submit a Featured Topic for the following EB
WEH/AJP: Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Trainee Award includes:
- Invitation to submit a mini-review to AJP—Regulatory, Integrative, and Comparative Physiology journal
- Complimentary ticket to attend the business luncheon the following year
Applications are only accepted via online submission.