Award at a Glance
Award amount: $1,000 + reimbursement of the EB advance registration fee, complimentary admission to the GI & Liver Section Banquet at EB
Deadline: December 15
Questions? Contact: Arianne Theiss, Award Chair, GIL Section
Who Can Apply: See eligibility.
The Gastrointestinal & Liver Physiology Section New Investigator Award recognizes an outstanding investigator in the early stages of his/her career. Candidates should be investigators who have made meritorious contributions to the area represented by the Gastrointestinal & Liver Physiology Section.
- The candidate must be an APS member in good standing. They should not be above the rank of Assistant Professor or a comparable position in a research track at an academic institution or in industry (e.g. Scientist, Sr. Scientist, Research Investigator, etc.).
- They should receive nominations from at least two regular members of the APS. Candidates will be judged on their publications, how the publications relate to the Gastrointestinal & Liver Physiology Section and evidence for independence and promise (grant funding, peer review activities, etc.).
Although this is not an abstract-based award, awardees are expected to attend EB 2020 and make an oral presentation
- APS Member Number
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Nomination Letters
- URL IDs for your 3 publications
Other Requested (not Required) Materials:
- Abstract Number
- Abstract First Author’s Full Name
- PDF of Abstract Submission
Applications are only accepted via online submission.