The APS Local Undergraduate Research Award in Physiology (LURAP) allows APS Members to recognize undergraduate excellence in physiology research at their home institution. The award also fosters interest in physiological research for undergraduates and encourages them to continue with physiological studies. Additionally, the award encourages undergraduates to connect with APS members at their home institutions.
One award per event will be presented. The award consists of:
- A one-year APS undergraduate membership;
- An APS momento
- An award certificate presentedat a later date
- APS membership pin
- Judge Eligibility:
- Any APS member in good standing with a research showcase event at their home institution is eligible to present an award. If your event is outside of the U.S., please contact program staff to discuss available options.
- A panel of at least two judges must evaluate physiology poster presentations and at least one judge must be an APS member in good standing.
- APS members who are graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must have approval from their department to make awards and also must be members in good standing.
- The judges must be willing to present the award in person, on behalf of the APS, to the student with the best physiology poster or presentation.
- Awardee Eligibility:
- Award recipients must be registered, full time undergraduate students.
- Only one undergraduate student may receive an award per event.
- Conflict of Interest:
- Members who request a packet should not judge projects developed by students from their laboratory, members of their families or extended families, or children of their lab group members.
Required information to request a packet includes:
- Member name and institution
- Member ID number
- Shipping address
- Member contact information
- Name of the oral/poster presentation competition
- Date of oral/poster presentation competition
Applications are only accepted via online submission.
Award at a Glance
Award amount: No monetary award
Application deadline: Applications are accepted year-round on an on-going basis. Applications must be submitted at least four weeks before the research showcase event.
Questions? Contact: Education and Member Communities Department
Who can apply: Any APS member with an undergraduate research showcase event at their home institution.