Physiological Reports is an online only, open access journal that will publish peer reviewed research across all areas of basic, translational and clinical physiology and allied disciplines. Physiological Reports is a collaboration between The Physiological Society and the American Physiological Society, and is therefore in a unique position to serve the international physiology community through quick time to publication while upholding a quality standard of sound research that constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Papers will be accepted solely on the basis of scientific rigor, adherence to technical and ethical standards, and evidence that the data are sufficiently well-conceived and support the conclusions.
The Physiological Reports expert Editorial Board will review all submissions in a timely, fair and constructive manner and select papers for publication based on the following criteria:
- The study presents the results of primary research in physiology
- The results have not been published elsewhere
- The experimental work has been properly conducted and described in appropriate detail
- The conclusions are adequately supported by the data
- All ethical standards have been met
- The article is written in standard (American or British) English and structured in a coherent fashion
Physiological Reports aims to give authors a decision quickly. Where revisions are required, Physiological Reports will focus on essential enhancements to improve clarity and remove ambiguity, avoiding requests for significant re-work. All feedback to authors will be given in a constructive, collegial manner.