No submission fees as of January 1, 2016.
- To recover part of publication costs, the APS charges authors of research articles $85 per final-published PDF page. By signing the Mandatory Submission Form, the author agrees to pay page charges once his/her paper is published. (Forms customized to your manuscript will become available on completion of the submission process)
- A significant number of changes made in proof may be subject to additional charges.
- The page charges are waived for authors of reviews, editorials, and letters and for those publishing in Physiological Reviews, Physiology, and Advances in Physiology Education.
Please submit in color only if you intend for the figure(s) to be published in color. Scientifically unwarranted color is not permitted in APS Journals; in such cases, authors will be required to provide a black and white version suitable for publication. The APS Publications Department is the final arbiter of whether color for a figure is scientifically necessary. The following fees/waivers apply to scientifically warranted color:
- Non-member authors who have submitted their manuscripts in 2016 and thereafter will be charged the subsidized rate of $200 per color figure. Please check your manuscript submission form for fees that apply to manuscripts submitted prior to 2016.
- APS will not delay publication of any article nor change its membership color waiver policy for the sake of a pending membership application.
- Scientifically warranted color figures will be published free of charge if the first or the last author is an APS member in good standing (i.e., paid) by the date the article is accepted; this includes student members.
- Color is free for authors of invited articles and for those publishing in Physiological Reviews, Physiological Genomics and Physiology
AuthorChoice Program for Open Access
You may choose to pay a fee ($2,000 for research articles, plus color fees, if applicable; $3,000 for reviews) to make your online article free immediately (for more information on the APS AuthorChoice program, see Open Access).